Caring for an Aging Loved One? We Can Help!
- Nearly a quarter (23.9%) of U.S. households are now involved in caring for an elderly family member or relative, spending an average of 20 hours a week in caregiving-related chores.
- Some 80% of caregivers provide unpaid assistance seven days a week.
- More than 60% of all family caregivers say they have suffered from depression. (Source: National Family Caregivers Association/Fortis Long Term Care, 1998)
- Long distance caregivers miss nearly 15 million days of work each year. (Source: National Council on Aging/The Pew Charitable Trusts, 1998)
- Long-term family caregiving takes a significant toll on workers. Lost productivity, absenteeism, interruptions and replacing employees due to elder care costs American business in excess of $11.4 billion annually. (Source: National Alliance for Caregiving/Glaxo Welcome Report, 1997)
- A significant decline in the number of family caregivers is occurring in the U.S., while at the same time, the demand for elder care is increasing.
Stone Bridge Home Care can help you by providing:
- Qualified, caring, trained, insured, and flexible caregivers who can help you take a few hours, without feeling guilty or stressed, while you take care of yourself or other members of your family. Our caregivers can assist your elderly loved one for a few hours a week, a few hours a day, or more. Giving yourself a little bit of time away may be just what the doctor ordered and will help you to be a much better family caregiver.
- In-home assessments. We routinely perform in-home assessments that result in a customized care plan for your loved ones. You may choose to have us carry out the care plan in whole or in part, or you may simply choose to use the care plan to improve your own ability to care for your loved one.
So if you are a family caregiver in need of some help, don’t hesitate to Contact Us. You can talk to us about your unique situation, schedule a free in-home assessment, and be well on your way to a happier, healthier life for you and your loved one.